Saturday 21 May 2011

Chantal's Top Ten Videogame Characters (Vol1):

Hey everyone, welcome to Unserious Serious Business aka USB.

This is our first blog post, and today I am going to introduce you to our blog and MY favourite game characters*. (Note: doing a list at 6:23 am in the morning makes it difficult to remember your favourite characters.)

10 ) Niko Bellic seen in (Grand Theft Auto IV)

He is the main character in the 2008 game released on the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.
He is one of the most bad ass mothertruckas around. He may not be the best looking but he makes up for it by tolerating Roman (I kid, I kid.) I mean he is so protective, he's actually kind of a sweetheart, and no I don't have some kind of weird crush on him. Even though Niko is in the belly of the so called underworld he still maintains a level of sophistication and many characters comment on his manners and the fact that he is actually a decent person.

9 ) Princess Peach aka Princess Toadstool


Princess Peach is the love interest of Mario. She has appeared in way too many games to list, sorry! Her first appearance however was in the 1985 Super Mario Bros. I have a soft spot for this princess, ever since I was little in every Mario game if I could, I would pick her. This applies to every Mario Party, or Mario racing games. Even when they were golfing! She may be sickeningly sweet, but you can't deny she's an important part of the Mario franchise, and my childhood. Yep.

8 ) Faith seen in (Mirror's Edge.)



Faith is the main character in the 2008 game Mirror's Edge released on the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.
She is what every female game character should be. Strong, "modest" (if you get my drift), and actually interesting. She can run, jump, climb and certainly isn't a damsel in distress. She's a big girl, she can handle herself. Faith is a runner, which is why she does all of this running, jumping and climbing. And believe me, she puts it to use. Also, she has noice hair. And Mirror's Edge is just so fun, I love letting my inner monkey roam free.

7 ) Link seen in (The Legend of Zelda)

Link is the main protagonist of the Legend of Zelda series. Quiet and brave are two words you could use to describe this young Hylian/Human southpaw. That's right, he's left handed, like me. MUAHAHA.  Also, look at him. Adult link is H-O-T. Nevermind the fact that the Zelda games are some of the funnest out there.

 6 ) Princess Zelda as seen in (The Legend of Zelda)


Princess Zelda is a member of the royal family of Hyrule. Zelda appears mostly with magical and psychic abilities. She is often the focus of Link's quests. She has two alter egos Sheik and Tetra. Unlike Princess Peach Zelda is not 100% helpless, and can actually fight back.


5 ) Harley Quinn as seen in (Batman Arkham Asylum)


Harleen Quinzel aka Harley Quinn. She is the Joker's on and off again girlfriend and one of Ivy's few friends. I must say Harley is actually pretty awesome. She's immune to most poisons and/or toxins because of the injections given to her by Ivy (see they're practically BFF's!) She is also a talented gymnast, with high agility and strength, and also has above average fighting skills. And her outfit is fabulous muahaha.

4 ) Hwoarang as seen in (Tekken)


First of all, just LOOK at him. You know what I see when I look at this picture? A sexy men waiting for you to sex him up, just kidding. But no seriously, look at his expression. Seriously. You know how most video games forget about the ladies (especially fighting games) well guess what, Tekken sure doesn't. I mean I could make a list about the sexiest men in Tekken, but I won't. Not today anyways. Hwoarang is a cocky, tough, maybe kinda mean red-haired, heartbreaking(I made the heart break part up, haha!) taekwondo artist. Hwoarang is the student of Baek Doo Son. End.

3 ) Pyramid Head as seen in (Silent Hill 2 )


Pyramid Head was first seen in Silent Hill 2 and then later seen in the Silent Hill movie (which most people didn't like but I did, don't kill me please?) Aaaaanyways, he is also known as Red Pyramid Thingy or Triangle Head in Japan. He is one of the more overtly masculine characters in the Silent Hill series, his appearance is based on the town's executioners. He does not speak and mostly makes grunts and moans which suggest he is in pain. His weapon is the Great Knife, which is deadly, heavy and really scary.

2 ) Conker as seen in (Conker's Bad Fur Day)


The game stars Conker as he tries to return to his girlfriend Berry. The game was released in 2001 on the Nintendo 64, it was originally targeted at children, but then it was redesigned for teens and adults. Conkers Bad Fur Day continues to be one of my favourite games even now. He is a cynical, sarcastic, foul-mouthed, alcoholic squirrel who's "weapon" of choice is a frying pan, and later a shotgun and then a frying pan again.

And last but certainly not least...

1 ) Ling Xiaoyu as seen in (Tekken)


What can I say about Xiao. That's right I can call her Xiao, cuz we're totes broskies lidat. (totally not serious here.) Anyways I can say pretty much everything about her. She is the eighteen year old Chinese "love interest" and best friend of Jin Kazama. She fights in the style of Hakkesho and Hikaken. Wang Jin Rei is her grandfather, he trained her for awhile. Xiaoyu is chilidsh, clumsy, and probably too sugary sweet for most peoples tastes. But that's how I like 'em. (Eww, I was kidding.) She also has the honour of being the shortest human character in the Tekken series. Her bodyguard is a panda named ever so creatively Panda. I mean where do they come up wih these names? They're just so awesome. She has a role similar to Jun Kazama in Tekken 6. I have to be honest, I like her and Hwoarang better than her and Jin though. Xiaorang FTW! Oh and she was also tutored by Heihachi after she attacked and knocked out his entire security team.


So here ya go, my top 10 favourite characters in gaming. you may not agree with my opinions on them, but i don't care. That's why they're called opinions and not facts. Although there are facts on this list. Or you may not like any of these characters.But hey, we all have different tastes, right?

Comment with YOUR favourite game characters. =)

                                                                                                                                        - Chantal

No comments:

Post a Comment